ESPORTS BETTING IN 2021
Remember how great it was to come home after school and play your favorite computer game. For some, this passion has grown into something more, which today we call esports. Over the past 10 years, esports has gained immense popularity and the number of professional teams and games is increasing every year. As such, esports has reached a level where it can compete against the leading sports in terms of both viewers and fans.
Esports betting Sites
If you’ve ever watched live broadcasts of CS: GO or Dota 2 matches, you’ve probably noticed the abundance of advertisements from betting companies that offer betting services on esports events. In 2021, traditionally the most popular betting games are LOL, CS: GO, Dota 2, Starcraft, and others.
In terms of revenue, the total number of esports bets was estimated at more than $25 billion by the end of 2020. As this amount increases year to year, more and more bookmakers are offering esports betting services. Hence, it becomes very important to clarify all the details regarding esports betting and esports disciplines in 2021. Read this article and get to know the latest information!
DOTA 2 BETTING
Many call Dota 2 the chess of the esports world. Being the continuation of the legendary DOTA, the second version of the game seems to have overshadowed its predecessor. Starting from the very first International competition, which is the biggest DOTA 2 tournament, and, perhaps, the most awaited esports event ever, it was clear that the game is going to gain momentum rapidly.
The game itself is interesting to watch, which also contributes to the overall number of regular betters. If you want to bet on DOTA 2 matches, take the following vital aspects into consideration:
- Players of the team you are going to bet at;
- Are there any replacements;
- Heroes picks;
- Whether the event takes place online or it’s LAN.
CS:GO is another example of a game derived from a highly successful previous version of Counter-Strike 1.6, one of the biggest esports games of its time. Technically, Counter-Strike Source was the last game from the iconic series before CS:GO, but it did not get as popular as these two.
In case you do not know, all the CS games, including CS:GO, are games with a quite simple concept, yet with pretty dynamic and exciting gameplay. It gets even more fun when watching true professional teams and the best gamers playing against each other at big tournaments.
It requires a really good understanding of how the game works, what it takes for a team to win, and what the team has to throw at its opponent to be better. So when making a bet, consider many factors including strategies, previous performances, map picks, etc more about CS GO Betting
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS BETTING
This is the game that so many people love to compare to DOTA 2 because of how similar the concept looks. For instance, the most popular game mode is two teams playing against each other in five-men squads. The minor difference is that instead of heroes, characters in League of Legends are called champions.
Nonetheless, when it comes to esports events, League of Legends is also very popular. When you are going to place a bet in League of Legends, take into account such a feature as the number of maps (you can bet both on one map and the outcome of the whole match). Unlike CS:GO, there is only one map in League of Legends, and the games are held in bo3 and bo5 format. Thus, there is a whole range of different types of bets, such as:
- Match winner;
- Map winner;
- The team who gets the first blood;
- Exact score of the match;
- Number of kills;
- The first team to get 5, 10, or 20 kills, and many more.
Since its release in 2017 and until now, Fortnite has been played by millions of people around the planet. It should be noted that bets on this game are less popular due to the relatively small number of regular tournaments. In the game, players can be both loners and members of a 4-men squad, as well as play in duos and trios.
At the beginning of the game, 100 characters fly over the island and choose where to land. They collect weapons (they are hidden in chests scattered around the map), materials, potions, and all the necessities to survive.
Since the game is relatively new, it would be wise to learn more about it and the main players before placing your money on them. To do this, you can watch several live broadcasts of the game, trying to understand the strategy and style of each player.
Over the 5 years of its existence, Overwatch has become one of the most popular multiplayer games out there with OWL being an example of a successful esports franchise league. Not only can you watch the league matches but also place bets on your favorite teams.
Since 2017, the game has been the esports discipline. The first season had 12 participants, and from the second season, it has expanded to 20 teams. The game is especially popular in the United States, but there are also teams from the UK, China, Canada, and France.
The matches are dynamic, with intense battles and unexpected strategies, which makes them exciting to watch. However, betting on Overwatch adds much more thrill! Just like in any other game described, bet types depend on the game features, so get familiar with them at first.
PUBG is another royal-battle type of game with 100 participants. Several major PUBG tournaments have already been held. A typical professional match in PlayerUnknown’s Battleground involves a large number of teams fighting on various maps. The choice of a map on the pro scene depends on the format of the event.
Of course, you can always try to guess a winner team, but since it can be rather hard to predict in PUBG, bookmakers offer additional esports betting options:
- Will the team make it to the top-10 / top-20;
- Which team will last longer;
- The number of frags a team or an individual player has;
- Guessing the winner of the whole league, or tournament.
How to bet on Esports
Since esports has been considered as the official sports discipline in many countries, no wonder esports betting websites are currently thriving. The main rule of consistent and successful esports betting is a thorough study of all the game details.
Knowing all the nuances, the chances of placing successful bets will increase drastically. But before you start your esports betting journey, let’s break down the most commonly used types of betting options.
Real money betting
One of the most popular types of betting is real money bets. In fact, by placing a bet with real money, you save yourself the trouble of taking additional actions in case of a win.
In order to place a bet with real money, you need:
- Find a reliable bookmaker and create an account;
- Then choose a payment method. When placing bets online, one of the most popular ways is esports betting with PayPal, or other e-wallets.
- Choose the game you wish to bet on and check out esports betting odds.
- Place a bet.
If you are a fan of watching games with friends, then social betting can be a great addition to watching a match together. Most often, bets of this type are based on pre-agreed terms. All you need to do is select the esports betting site and find the appropriate category of bets.
Fantasy betting is completely different from traditional esports betting predictions. The reason it’s called “fantasy” is because betters assemble virtual teams, and no real players are involved. Initially, fantasy betting appeared as a way of circumventing constraints, when in some countries it was illegal to bet on sports events.
This type of betting is ideal for those who are more into playing than watching. Its essence lies in the fact that you compete with other players in 1v1, 2v2, or even whole teams matches, having made a real money deposit beforehand. This type of betting is ideal for those who are confident in their skills and do not want to rely on others. If you feel like a pro in a particular game, you might want to try challenge betting and make money from it consistently.
MAJOR ESPORTS EVENTS IN 2021
As you can see, esports is an extremely fast-growing industry and a source of entertainment with millions of fans around the world. Yet, there are some events that have a special place in players’ and fans’ hearts, including:
- The International. It is the biggest DOTA 2 tournament held at the end of summer every year. 18 teams from around the world will compete for $40 million in prize money this summer.
- PGL Major Stockholm 2021. This major CS: GO tournament, which will take place in the fall of 2021.
- LOL World Championship 2021. The eleventh in a series of League of Legends final tournaments of the year. At the beginning of the fall, the best teams from all the top official Riot Games leagues will compete for the title of the best team on the planet.
How do you deposit to bet on esports?
After picking the bookmaker you are confident about, it is time to deposit your funds and place bets. At present, depositing would not take more than 10 minutes in the majority of esports betting apps or websites.
The most important things to consider here are the transaction time and commission fees. Depending on which payment method you will use, these may vary. Traditionally, e-wallets are the middle ground for esports betting online, but you might also find other options like bank cards, bank transfers, or paying by phone.
Betraja – online betting in India
Betting is not just about making money, it’s also about having fun. We have created an entire online encyclopaedia on the world of betting in India. Our guides are developed by top speculators from the world’s leading betting companies and we are always happy to help you find the best place to brighten up your routine. Remember, betting is not just a way to make money but also a means for great relaxation!
You can use our website as an encyclopedia on all things related to betting in India or simply enjoy some time away from your daily routine with our tips and tricks that will surely bring joy into your life! With betraja.in, you can be sure that every day will be filled with excitement and entertainment! So don’t wait any longer – visit us today at betraja.in!
Top 5 bookmakers
Being on the market since 2000, the bookmaker occupies Bet365 India a place in the top of the largest online bookmakers. The company even decided to close all ground offices in order to invest all its efforts in the development of the site. In 2011 and 2013, the platform won the title of the best online bookmaker. The site supports 20 languages and 18 currencies for payment methods, which cannot but delight. Players from India have the opportunity to try out all the services of the site, which we endlessly advise you to do.
- The bookmaker offers a huge variety of sports and betting markets.
- It can provide players with good integrated payment methods and high-quality support.
- bet365 even offers welcome bonuses for new users who register with the bet365 bonus code in the form of betting credits.
- A lot of regular promotions and a number of events broadcast live.
- Promotions specifically for Indian players are rare.
- It may be difficult for amateurs to understand the betting process at first.
Betway, founded in 2006, is one of the betting sites on this list, licensed in Malta by the Malta Gambling Authority (MGA). The company, which is owned by Betway in India, merged with Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp. This gave SuperGroup an estimate of $4.75 billion. The company sponsors several teams and sports. Only in the American Basketball League (NBA), the company sponsors teams such as the Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors.
General advantages of the platform:
- A modern player will find absolutely everything on the site that will be useful to him, there is no doubt about it.
- If you want to download the official application, the link can be found on the main screen of the site.
- The site does not charge a withdrawal fee.
- The welcome bonus doubles your first deposit with a limit of 13200 Indian rupees.
- The banking system can be evaluated perfectly
- To get access to all the many services, you need to confirm your account, which will take your time.
1xBet also deservedly got into our list of the best bookmakers. Although the platform is no less well-known, it continues to strengthen its brand. And, especially in recent years, the operator has been increasing its presence in the Indian market. In fact, the platform offers a wide variety of bets, very competitive odds and much more. We also can’t forget about the impressive welcome bonus for sports that is available to everyone.
- Players will definitely be pleased with the promotion for all new users, which implies doubling the amount of the first deposit to 10,000 Indian rupees.
- Cryptocurrency is available in payment options.
- The bookmaker took care of the Indian players and made a separate section for the Indian Premier League and cricket matches.
- There is a special application for mobile devices.
- Through the live chat function, users can contact customer support, which by the way is round the clock.
- A confusing user interface can mislead new users.
The Mostbet website pleases its players already in 93 countries. In India, this site with ten years of experience is still a beginner, but it confidently confirms its reliability and reputation.
The daily clientele of almost a million people proves that the site is rapidly gaining the trust of users. Indian users can enjoy the coverage of cricket events where they can bet on a huge number of events.
Advantages of Mostbet in India:
- The site boasts good security.
- The site supports 25 languages.
- There is an opportunity to watch live broadcasts.
- A convenient mobile application for mobile devices has been developed.
- Support service agents are ready to assist users at any time.
- There is no wide choice of sports for betting.
1win is a fairly young bookmaker. The company was founded in 2016, until 2018 it was called Firstbeat. The office is popular because of the generous bonus on the first deposit. The 1win website has been translated and adapted into 9 languages. The legal address of the bookmaker is located on the island of Curacao.The main advantages include one of the largest bonuses for newcomers on the market. The site offers not only sports betting and esports: casinos, poker, cases, lotteries and virtual sports. As for partners, 1win prefers to cooperate with large projects, including well-known bloggers.
- The interface of the website will please with its functionality and will be convenient even on a smartphone.
- Withdrawal of funds via banking services is available for players from India.
- You will definitely appreciate the welcome bonus of 500% up to 75,000 Indian rupees, which works on the first deposit.
- At 1win you will not find the function of watching a live broadcast.
Who is the richest eSports player?
How do you watch esports online?
Can you bet on esports with bitcoin?
Is esports betting legal?
The Leonbet India was developed specifically for users to make betting more accessible. It combines all the features you need to make real money and allows you to bet at any time and from anywhere with internet access.
Indian gamers hope to win the National Esports Championship to enter the World Championship this year