Top League of Legends betting sites
On the internet, you can find many sites that offer bets on eSports and League of Legends. However, not all of these sites are reputable. That is why we will present you with some of the best League of Legends betting sites and tell you about some of the features of these platforms. They include:
These are the top eSports betting sites and are trusted by a large number of gamblers.
All three websites have gambling and betting licenses, so Winners.bet is managed by Winners Malta Operations Limited. Luckbox is operated and regulated by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision, and GG.bet is operated by Brivio Limited, a company registered in the Republic of Cyprus.
The sites listed above use convenient deposit and withdrawal methods:
- Yandex money;
They are completely safe for transactions and money storage, and your personal and bank card details remain secure.
These platforms also offer various bonuses for newcomers who are just registering, as well as for experienced users. Consider each of them:
- GG.bet gives €/$20 free bets to new players who complete their registration on the site. You can also get a 200% bonus on your first deposit, up to a maximum of €180/$. This platform also runs different seasonal promotions.
- Luckbox gives its new clients a 100% bonus on their first deposit, which equals up to €100/$. By the way, you can not only bet on LoL on this site but also use other options, such as watching League of Legends esports live games.
- On Winners.bet newbies can get a 100% first deposit bonus up to €/$50.
Still, these LoL betting sites are worth checking out not only for newbies but also for experienced bettors, since new promotions and bonuses appear every week to improve the overall LoL esports betting.
How League of Legends is Played (gameplay)
LoL is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena cooperative strategy game in which two five-person teams fight each other in an attempt to destroy an enemy base. The game was developed in 2009 by Riot Games and is available on a free-to-play model. According to the developers, the game’s monthly audience is estimated at 100 million global gamers.
The game starts with choosing the runes, summoner spells, and the champion you want to destroy enemies with this time. If you’re competing in ranked matches, choosing your champion is preceded by a ban stage. Eliminate one of your heroes and it will definitely not appear in that match on any team. However, the option to ban champions only opens up after many hours of play!
The game map is a square with the team bases, blue and red, in opposite corners. The bases are connected by three lines: the top line (known as the “top”), the middle line (known as the “mid”), and the bottom line (known as the “bot”). The forest stretches between the lines. Diagonally, the map is crossed by a river.
The main objective is to reach the enemy base and break the main building there, the nexus. Five enemy champions try to Interfere with your sacred mission. Three enemy towers on each line, and a couple more at the nexus itself. As a rule, enemy minions run out of the enemy base every half a minute.
Champions and class types in League of Legends
Most aspiring eSports players and bettors wonder: “How many heroes are there in League of Legends?”, and the question is still relevant today.
Before you start researching lol esports betting odds and betting on League of Legends, you should study the features of the LoL characters in detail. Specifically, strengths and weaknesses,, details on buying additional items, and choice of runes.
Therefore, if you’re just starting to bet on LoL, the simple characters of League of Legends are the best choice, because they make an impressive contribution to team play, but at the same time do not require the player to sharpen their skills.
Popular characters in League of Legends are determined by two parameters: the choice of professional cyber athletes and maximum enhancement in the latest patch. Answering the burning question, “How many heroes are there in League of Legends?” we note that all LoL champions are divided into several classes and subclasses:
- Juggernauts are the toughest characters;
- Divers – very agile champions;
- Unicams – versatile soldiers;
- Stormtroopers – the most effective “offensive tanks”;
- Guardians – the “tanks in defense” class;
- Assassins – good agility and damage to the enemy;
- Duelists – deal high permanent damage;
- Mages – come in a variety of types, dealing high levels of damage to opponents using magic;
- Riflemen – Great for ranged combat, and excellent at dodging enemy attacks.
To become a successful LoL bettor, learn all the game standards and familiarise yourself with the skills and abilities of champions. The same thing is needed to successfully bet on the LoL World Cup.
Can I bet on league of legends esports? (step by step)
In the beginning, betting on LoL was only accepted on the main events. The best reward for cybersports fans was the very opportunity to earn money just by watching the best play.
Today the LoL world betting odds market includes a wide range of options, such as::
- A bet on the winner of the whole championship;
- Betting on the runners-up: Some may be just a few points short of being the clear winner but still qualify for an incentive prize;
- Betting on MVP. This bet can be placed on the highest scoring player of the day, either in a single match or on the championship as a whole;
- On the result of a particular round. Theoretically, there can be more than one champion in the whole tournament. Teams can train to the same standard, play at the same level, etc. But in an individual match there should only be one winner;
- Some bookmakers allow you to bet on forwards and totals;
- Features of betting in live mode;
- Some bookmakers offer online betting on LoL. You can either be in the game or watch the game via an infographic or TV broadcast. To see which team was better ready to play the game, you can judge the individual players, their abilities, and their equipment. For this reason, live betting is a popular feature.
In the case of eSports, there are, however, a few complications. Firstly, an emergency may arise at any time with the server or the player’s computer. Usually, the organizers allow some time for this eventuality, but often the team finishes the game in reduced numbers and not as it could have in other circumstances. Secondly, the situation in cybersports changes very quickly and if you don’t place a bet in time, you will lose (Also see how other players determine the LoL betting odds).
Which tournaments can I bet on?
In 2014, Riot Games launched the LoL Championship Series (LCS). The announcement of such a large event with an unprecedented prize pool had an impact on player salaries and the availability of stable league of legends tournaments.
LoL betting includes all the major professional leagues throughout the year (LCS, LEC, LEK, LPL) as well as All-Stars, RIFT Rivals, and a host of other League of Legends world events. Other events are also open for betting. For example on OGN The Champions and NiceGameTV.
League of Legends betting strategies
Understanding how to bet on League of Legends directly depends on understanding the game itself and how it differs from other eSports disciplines. It’s not just the performance of certain players that makes a difference here, but also the synergy of the whole squad and the set of champions.
Getting to know the crown champions of certain players, the strength of the champions in the meta at the moment and which teams like to drag the game out in the middle, and which play fast can have a positive effect on your betting success. Some champions perform better in the late game and are extremely weak at the start and vice versa.
Movement and communication are two of the most important things for a successful Legends League team. If a team combines players of different nationalities who speak a language that is not their own, it definitely affects the communication within the squad and thus the success of the team.
Moving allies around the map for the sake of demolition, ganking and other cooperative actions is a crucial aspect to learn. Of course, the best teams in the world master this skill to perfection. So, try LoL match betting and start earning real money.
League of legends bets types
In addition to the standard betting on the winner of the match, bookmakers offer to bet on markets, of which there are now quite a few, including online betting.
The difference between LoL and other eSports disciplines is that there is only one card in the game, the Rift Summoner, but the match lasts 3 or 5 games. The betting options include:
- Winning a particular game;
- First Blood – The team or player who makes the first kill;
- Accuracy Score – The ratio of characters killed by each team by the end of the round;
- Total Frags – The number of character kills for any given team or player;
- Total Destroyed Structures – The number of all defensive towers that are defeated by the end of the game or by a specific point during the game;
- Individual map totals for teams and players – number of individual achievements of a player or team: kills, destroyed structures, assists in kills, etc;
- MVP – most productive player;
- Betting on the team that finishes first with 5, 10, 15, or 20 kills;
- Handicap – Betting on one of the teams to win the lead in a specific round;
- Total Taken of Nashor – how many times a given team’s players beat the most powerful neutral monster in Summoners Gorge. By killing him, all living members of the team get the Baron’s Fist enhancement;
- Who will take the next Dragon – which team kills the neutral monster (Dragon) next, to get a special enhancement;
- Will a certain character be blocked – before the game starts, each team blocks a certain character, which will be unavailable to the opponent. In this way, teams cut off “combining pairs” – two or more characters who gain a serious game advantage by interacting with each other;
- Total Inhibitors Destroyed – how many times a given team will destroy a special structure (Inhibitor) that blocks the appearance of enemy Super Minions on a certain line on the map;
- Long-term prediction on reaching the semi-finals, finals, super-finals, on the winner of the tournament or the League.
How popular is League of Legends as an Esport?
In addition to dozens of local tournaments, for each of which bookmakers are betting, the LoL World Championship has been held since 2011, with the winners of the summer splits of the major professional leagues receiving a ticket to the tournament.
LoL is now one of the five most popular eSports disciplines. The game stands out for its graphics, active gameplay, and variety of characters, each with not only individual class abilities but also an elaborate story. This is one of the reasons why players bet on LoL at betting shops and eSports exchanges.