Virtus.pro won the IEM Rio Major 2022 for CS:GO. In the final, it beat Heroic 2-0, 16-12 on Mirage, and 16-5 on Overpass. Jame Ali’s team earned $500k for first place and slots at IEM Katowice 2023 and BLAST Premier: World Final 2022.
Both teams advanced to the playoffs with 3:1 stats in the Legends stage. In the quarterfinals, Heroic was stronger than Team Spirit and then defeated FURIA Esports in the semi-finals. On the way to the decider, VP defeated Fnatic and MOUZ.
The IEM Rio Major 2022 was held from October 31 to November 13 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Teams competed for $1.25 million in prize money.
Prize fund distribution:
- 1st place: Virtus.pro – $500k and slots to BLAST Premier: World Final 2022 and IEM Katowice 2023;
- 2nd place: Heroic – $170k;
- 3-4 places: MOUZ and FURIA Esports – $80k each;
- 5-8 places: Cloud9, Fnatic, Team Spirit and Natus Vincere – $45k each;
- Places 9-11: BIG, Team Liquid, and ENCE – $20k each;
- Places 12-14: Bad News Eagles, Team Vitality, and Sprout – $20k each;
- Places 15-16: Ninjas in Pyjamas and FaZe Clan – $20k each;
- Places 17-19: GamerLegion, OG and 9z Team – $10k each;
- Places 20-22: Grayhound Gaming, Evil Geniuses, and IHC Esports – $10k each;
- Places 23-24: 00Nation and Imperial Esports – $10k each.